Typically for me everyday almost feels like a weekend for me because I have been working from home since December 2019. The pandemic didn’t help matters too because we were all stuck indoors for pretty much almost half of the year.
It’s usually a roller coaster of writing, picture taking, research, content creation and a blur of various social media accounts. If more than ever I have become more aware of my working routine which has made me realize that I need to keep to more of a traditional working time, instead of working all hours of the day, 7 days a week.
Just like when you have a 9-5 or 8-4 and you are always excited for the weekend or a public holiday, it’s essential we also have those days off too if you are working from home. We all need to just enjoy life and be grateful for what we have.
I really believe It’s ok to slow things down sometimes. Okay, you are probably thinking, ‘what am I actually going to do with myself for two whole days?!’ It’s easy just try to relax and do those things you have been putting off for awhile.
Here is a run down of a typical weekend for me;
- I have a Longer sleep time…my alarm clock is definitely off and my phone is on “do not disturb” till 6:00 am compared to 4:30 am during the week.
- Morning devotion, praise and/or worship, pick up my YouVersion bible app to go through my bible plans, pray.
- Workout : I really enjoy my workouts on Saturdays compared to during the work week, my workout usually last for about 30 minutes.
- Spring / Home cleaning : I guess it’s the way I grew up but I prefer cleaning the house on Saturdays. Changing the bedsheets, dusting, sweeping, mopping and keeping the bathroom and kitchen sparkling.
- Do my hair – This is the one day of the week I actually take my time with my hair. Shampoo, deep condition, twists, whatever makes my 4c hair flourish.
- Lunch : Stick to the home time table, this makes things easier. Beans is on the table today; we may decide moi moi (bean cake) or Akara.
- Sort out and post content for my clients. Send a few emails and I am done with work officially
- Prepare for bible study (church fellowship) by 5 pm in the evening
- A quick nap / watch a movie or series / read a book. Currently watching fresh prince of bel air and reading Love the way to victory by Kenneth Hagin.
- Dinner; what’s on the timetable. Eba/semolina/pounded yam with vegetable soup or okra
- Time to prepare for church tomorrow; involves me picking out my clothes and getting everything I need for church ready.
- Up early by 3:00am for church which starts at 6:00 am. Usually back home latest by 10:00 am.
- Brunch: Bread/ Yam/ plantain with fried egg
- What didn’t i do last week ? Add it to the list of things to do this new week.
- No work out today, it’s my day of rest.
- Sunday nap time; I don’t joke with this at all. An habit from university days.
- Today my skin gets an intense and special treatment. I go all out with the face masks etc
- Movie Time – Not reading a book today, I just lay in bed and watch episodes upon episodes of any series I am currently watching.
- Dinner: Jollof / Fried / plain rice and stew.
- Oh wow! I can’t believe I am preparing for another work week!
This is how I spend my weekends! How do you spend yours? Do share in the comment section.
See you tomorrow