Honestly what is this weather, I totally miss the rain right now and currently anticipating the harmattan season already. I would take cold weather any day any time to hot weather. Why you may ask? Because I have the option to put on a sweater, turn on the heater or not. Now when these two weather conditions (hot & cold) are to the extreme, they both have adverse effects, as a matter of fact; anything that tips the scale to the extreme always has adverse effects.
Some of the adverse effects of a hot weather condition include (and may not be limited to)
- Heat exhaustion
- Skin rashes or irritation.
Now nobody wants any of the above mentioned to happen to them or loved ones or even anyone they know. That is why I would be sharing 5 tips on how to survive this hot weather;
- STAY HYDRATED: This is me just stating the obvious, you have to STAY HYDRATED at all times. Don’t wait until you feel thirsty before drinking water because that is a sign that you are dehydrated. With the hot weather, we tend to sweat a lot and it’s important we replenish that drink water. Try to carry an extra bottle around with you.
- WEAR LOOSE FITTING CLOTH: This tip might work for some people during the day depending on your job type e.g those that have to dress corporately to work. Wear that free and flowy dress, bring out your camisoles. Avoid too tight clothing to prevent rashes and heatstroke.
- AVOID THE HEAT: It’s better to stay indoors between 11am – 3pm because that’s when the sun is at its peak. If you have a reason to be out during that period, don’t forget to use sunscreen (wrote more on sunscreen a couple of post back). Sunscreen of spf 30 and higher would help protect your skin.
- TAKE COOL SHOWERS OR BATHS: Words cannot express how refreshing it is to take a cool shower after a busy day at work or after you come in after sometime in the sun.
- OPEN UP YOUR WINDOWS: Open up your windows at home or maybe at work and let in all the fresh air, unless you are living or working in an area that is air conditioned 24/7. It’s good to breathe in some fresh air, even if you are in an air conditioned environment.
There you have it my 5 tips on how to survive this hot weather. Do you have more tips?
Founder & Editor-in-chief