Happy new year and welcome to a new decade darlings. I believe in speaking things into existence and writing out my goals / plans because it holds me accountable.
“Then the LORD answered me and said, “Write the vision And engrave it plainly on [clay] tablets So that the one who reads it will run.” – Habakkuk 2:2 AMP
This year I have decided to share my goals for 2020 with you all, hopefully it keeps me accountable and helps me reach my goals to the fullest. So let’s get to it!
- Create more time with God: This past year & decade has taught me that I can’t really do much of anything without God. I have kinda treated my relationship with God as a convenience and that needs to change a lot this year. I have decided to take it in slowly which means reading at least a chapter of the Bible a day, spending one hour in prayer (I could do this in one stretch or divide into two 30 minutes in the morning and another in the evening). Basically I am going to make Matthew 6:33 my major focus.
“Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.” – Matthew 6:33 NLT
In November last year, I turned in my resignation at work mainly because I was tired of settling and managing. I felt I was doing (I know I was doing) a lot and I was not being rewarded for that. Also I felt restricted creatively and I wanted more. This 2020 I want to give blogging and freelancing full time and see where that leads. In my career, I would be
- Pushing myself out of my comfort zone and making use of all the opportunities that come my way. Explore all options and take reasonable risks, not just settle.
I thought really hard about this and as much as getting into a romantic relationship sounds like a good ring to it, it’s not a goal because trusting in God’s timing is key for me this year 2020. My goal this is to;
- Spend more time with friends and family. Checking up on them and getting to them better. These past two years, work was a major for me and I couldn’t spend as much time with them.
- I hope to establish more relationships with bloggers here in Nigeria. There is definitely a support system and network that I am yet to tap into. If it’s a group I have to join or maybe even start one (let’s see how that goes).
This was a tough one…. my finances have not really been on the best side. Now this has to change this year, what I have in mind is to;
- Save more.
- Make investments.
- Create / setup – profitable multiple streams of income.
I haven’t really focused much on this in the past years because I have never had an issue with my weight. I have realized when it comes to your health it much more than my weight, its the entire shindig.
- Definitely drinking more water
- Ensuring I eat more fruits
- At least 30 minutes of workout 3 times a week.
BLOG & INSTAGRAM
I started my blog in 2015 and right now this is not where I thought I should be. Now I have myself to blame for that due to inconsistency. This year it’s all about CONSISTENCY and I hope to
- Create engaging and creative content on both platforms
- Be bold; sometimes it feels weird sharing that I am a blogger but this year I am going to be open about it. Definitely going to be showing myself more in the blogosphere.
- Go global on this two platforms and I have to put in the work.
I would really love to travel to at least one international country this year and maybe a few states in Nigeria.
That’s it basically, keeping my goals SMART. This year looks like it’s going to be a busy one but I am up to it because
“With God’s help we will do mighty things, for he will trample down our foes.” – Psalms 60:12 NLT