If after all the cleansers, serums, toners etc we forget one of the easiest steps in preventive skin care – daily sun protection! We would be doing our skin some real damage. I recently just started using sunscreen consistently and all I can say is ‘If you ain’t using sunscreen, you are making your skin cry’. Sunscreen is not specific to your skin color, we all need to protect our skin from the sun rays.
Now that we are in summer fully, that means Mr Sun is going to be shining down on us almost every second of the day.
*Irrespective of the season, so far the sun shines; Sunscreen is very very important*
When it comes to finding the perfect sunscreen, there are two criteria to look out for;
- It must be labeled as broad spectrum, meaning it protects against UVA and UVB rays.
- Opt for one with at least SPF30.
If you are not sure of which to get, maybe because of your skin type I.e. oily skin, dry skin, combination skin, sensitive skin etc or maybe because you sweat a lot or maybe you just like the feel of sunscreen on your skin.
Did some research and I have rounded up a couple of sunscreens that can help you out;
- Oily Skin – OLAY SUN FACIAL SUNSCREEN SPF 35 + SHINE CONTROL
- Combination Skin – ELTAMD UV REPLENISH BROAD-SPECTRUM SPF 44
- Dry Skin – SUPERGOOP SUPERSCREEN DAILY MOISTURIZER SPF 40 PA+++
- Sensitive Skin – AVEENO POSITIVELY MINERAL SENSITIVE SKIN SUNSCREEN FOR FACE
- Best Anti-aging formula – REVISION SKINCARE INTELLISHADE SPF 45
- Darker skin tone – SUPERGOOP! UNSEEN SUNSCREEN BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 40
- Acne Prone Skin – LA ROCHE-POSAY ANTHELLIOS CLEAR SKIN DRY TOUCH SUNSCREEN SPF 60.
Do you use sunscreen?
Founder & Editor-In-Cheif