First off, welcome to the month of March! I love how the month started with the rain which my optimistic and positive self sees as showers of blessings.
Just like the quote found in my planner for this month, “when it rains look for rainbows. When it’s dark look for stars” I believe this month of March stands for many things; it could seen as re-birth for some, seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for some, for some of us new beginnings, while for some it’s all about re-strategising in order to achieve certain dreams and goals before the end of the first quarter. Whatever it is for you, it’s the last month of the first quarter of the year and I feel it’s another day, month of opportunity to March on in purpose.
To start with, let me say a little about myself, honestly the first two months of the year have been like the trial and error or should i say the warm up lap of this year for me. I have done more thinking than doing, which is different from who I normally am because I deal mostly with how I feel (current state of emotion) before doing anything. I am actually grateful for the first two months because it has taught me that living a life serving God is more important than anything else, resilience, importance of putting myself first, living life and enjoying it per season.
I woke up on the first day in the month of March with a sense of purpose and mission, which i encourage you to do to. Leave whatever it is you are doing right now, and ask yourself these questions to give you a head start on it :
- What is that one thing I want to achieve this month of March
- Who do I want to be by 31st of March 2019.
So, what’s in it for Pearls and pencil this month;
- First off, the new schedule for blog posts is going to be Mondays and Thursdays up at 8:00pm CAT (which kicks off from the 7th of this month) with IGTV videos on Saturdays (may not be every Saturday though, setting realistic goals here.)
- Getting more personal on my Instagram feed and stories this month which means you would be seeing more of my face than normal.
- Expect to see some illustrations from me because I have been feeling the urge to pick up a pencil lately.
- Blog posts would be geared towards personal development, self growth, beauty secrets & tips, outfit inspiration and styling.
Finally, after being away from writing for the blog for more than a year, it feels good to be back in the swing of things.
To greater heights this month of March,
Founder & Editor-in-Chief