Another year has gone by and honestly I haven’t been most sure and excited for the year 2019. I honestly don’t want to bother you ( including me) with the typical cheesy and cliché new year resolutions but instead focus on the things I have learnt in the past 12 months. These lessons have helped me grow and shaped me up for the new year. Here are my lessons from 2018.
1. Always put God first : I started the year 2018 spending a good 21 days praying, reading The Word and committing the year into God’s hands. I shared my goals with Him, shared my fears with him and prayed that the year 2018 won’t be business as usual. Honestly He surprised me last year…so I am definitely going to do it again.
2. Take good care of yourself : Towards the end of 2018 the word “self-care” was basically off the tip of everyone’s tongue. I learnt the hard way when I had to spend two nights in the hospital (honestly we are not robots). Combining a 9-5, blogging and creating content for brands 7 days a week can be stressful. It’s important to take time out to relax, to for-go somethings for your health, create your own in house spa days.
3. Hard work pays off. Big time!
4. It’s hard to work out: Oh boyyy did I try working out last year, it didn’t work out (did you get the joke….nevermind). I decided that doing the little things like walking instead of taking a bus for a short distance, at home squats etcetera works too. Try to see what fits into your schedule and work around it
5. Read more books! Read, read and read again : I learnt quite a number of things from the books I read last year. Things I know would have taken me a while to figure out if learnt in a few lines. Definitely adding reading more to my goals for the year.
6. Floral scents are amazing : Used quite a number of perfumes last year but the Green Tea Honeysuckle from Elizabeth Arden definitely stole my heart. What is your favorite scent.
7. Money won’t make you happy : If you thought winning the lottery right now would make you happy, sorry to burst your bubble. It’s a big lie. Sure money is good but it’s only to make things easier (we need money to pay the rent, buy food, gadgets, etc) but it won’t buy you happiness. Happiness lies in you and you alone can find it to give your life meaning. Be it through an hobby or hobbies, family, pets, travel, career, encounters with strangers and endless talks with friends.
8. Trust your guts….always
9. Do everything with passion and dedication. Be deliberate with your actions.
10. Statement accessories stand true to its name no matter the situation.
11. Love would find you when you least expect it.
12. Smile more, laugh with others and cheer them on and it would be reciprocated: Surround yourself with good people that spread positive energy. Don’t waste your time on envious people that can’t be happy for others. Maybe someone got something you wanted but couldn’t get? Fine, be happy for them! Maybe when you get it, it is even more meant to be…..A positive attitude will attract so much more positivity and this is all we need in 2019.
Happy New Year Darlings! And welcome to your year.