5 Ways Sunglasses Is Scientifically Cool: Building A Collection

Happy September loves,

Grateful to God for the opportunity to see this new month and for the plans He has for me and you. I know that this month and the rest of the year would be filled with good news and blessings for us all.

I noticed something, why does nearly anyone instantly look more attractive when they put sunglasses on? Sunglasses are not just for covering dark circles under your eyes or to protect your eyes from the direct sun rays or even just for fashion.

Sunglasses - earrings - pearlsandpencil

Glasses from top – bottom: Gotten from my elder sister but shop similar here, from zaful read about it here, Gotten from my sister too shop similar here, from primak (sold out similar here).

Earrings From top -bottom: gold tassels from mrp (sold out similar here), pearls from a wedding where i was a bridesmaid similar here, Hoops old similar here

Selfie- sunglasses-pearlsandpencil

Scientific studies carried out by Vanessa Brown, senior lecturer at Nottingham Trent and author of Cool Shades: The History and Meaning of Sunglasses According to her studies, sunglasses;

1. Boots your facial symmetry giving you extra chiseled bone structure.
  2. It also boots your mystery factor. Sheilding your eyes thereby making it difficult to figure out what your eyes are saying.
  3. It empowers you to behave boldly because it makes people feel less at risk of scrutiny.
  4. It is connected to edginess and glamour.
  5. It sometimes suggests power and prestige.

Its time i start building my collection of sunglasses and i am starting with this four first. What are thoughts on these points?

XOXO

KONYINSOLA

Don’t forget to follow my bloglovin to get updated on all things fashion, beauty, lifestyle, giveaways and more directly to your inbox

LETS CONNECT : TWITTER | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | SNAPCHAT

11 Comments

1. September 1, 2017 / 4:41 pm

Girl!!!! So true!! I love the clear ones. Kinda sad you only put up one picture of you in the glasses. Also thanks for linking the shop address. Might cop one or two for myself.

Lemonadesociety.blogspot.com

• pearlsandpencil
      September 6, 2017 / 4:18 am

Thanks Annie ❤❤

2. September 2, 2017 / 4:49 pm

I want them all 🙂

3. September 2, 2017 / 5:05 pm

I love when fashion and science work together. If I could I would wear sunglasses all the time, they are amazing accessory! The outfit looks better, your eye makeup doesn’t have to be on point. Best of all, it keeps your eyes safe from the sun!
    B, xx | http/www.queenbsdiary.com/

• pearlsandpencil
      September 6, 2017 / 4:20 am

I know right! Thanks for stopping by babe ❤❤

4. September 2, 2017 / 5:26 pm

I didn’t know there were scientific studies about sunglasses but this is so interesting. Thanks for sharing!

5. Jasmin N
    September 2, 2017 / 7:48 pm

Ooooh these look so cool! I should really up my sunglass game haha. I’ve got ones & I found them from the lost&found box at our school few years ago 😀

6. September 2, 2017 / 8:20 pm

I love sunglasses but I really struggle to find the perfect pair for me! My partner bought some glasses from Rome when he was travelling and surprisingly, they work perfectly with my face!

7. September 2, 2017 / 8:25 pm

Sunglasses are one of my favourite accessories 🙂 I’ve even kept ones that aren’t in style anymore because the styles seem to come back eventually 🙂

8. September 4, 2017 / 7:57 am

Have a lovely new month too…..if threshold something I’ve always wanted to do, it’s getting myself a really cool sunglasses and keeping it…I always end up giving it out cos I almost never use it

9. Ally
    September 4, 2017 / 10:01 am

Your sunglasses collection is amazing 🙂 definitely my style. I love sunglasses, they are the best accessorie ever 😀 you don´t have to wear makeup or looking good and they hide everything, haha 😀

Ally,