A few weeks ago I had a little scare. Now don’t get worried it’s not that serious. I took a skincare test by Olay a few weeks back and i decided to make healthier life choices. I am going to be 24 years in a month and a day ( yeah i am that young duhh, mark your calendar guys and get my presents ready *dancing*) and according to the test my skin is 35 years (yikes).
Now imagine my shock. If you have been following this blog lately you would know one of my goals for this year is to have healthier skin and this result just blew my mind. This showed that i was on the right track, i was given a list of products to use to get my skin up to date.
This whole thing got me thinking, what could have caused this to happen and two questions came to mind
- I could plaster all this amazing products on my skin but is my insides healthy. Am I eating or drinking right?
- What do I do to change this?
I mean who wants to look like a 35 years old by 24, not me. This definitely brought a change and this is what I have decided to do.
- Drink at least 2 litres of water. In the past I would make this decision but won’t actually do it. This time around its have set an alarm clock reminder on my phone and it has helped.
- Take less sugar. This has been kinda tough since I love soda (Coca cola) a lot. Decided that any time I take anything sugary, i would drink 2 glasses of water. This thing is not funny you guys because my bladder keeps crying.
- 30 minutes of exercise three times a week.
- Brush my teeth every night.
- Less carbs and Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Get my 7-8 hours of sleep. Noticed when I don’t sleep well I break out a lot.
These are the changes I have made so far and something tells me I might be adding more. I would definitely be updating you all on this journey with updates on how it is going.
What healthier life choices have you made? And how has the journey been so far. Any tips for your girl?
Till next time.
Don’t forget to follow my bloglovin to get updated on all things fashion, beauty, lifestyle, giveaways and more directly to your inbox
Sign up to receive exclusive contents, fashion & beauty tips and weekly round ups on pearls and pencil